Easy Paper Mache
- 1-2 cups Flour
- Newspaper Cut in Strips or Tissue Paper
- Place flour in a large bowl
- Gradually stir in water a little at a time until the fixture feels like
- Dip paper strips in flour glue mixture one at a time. Squeezing off
- Apply wet paper to object to be covered. Smoothing down each piece.
- Apply a couple layers of paper, then leave dry overnight.
Paper Mache Pulp
(smoother for more complicated or final coats)
- Electric Blender (adult supervision required)
- Pulp (make ahead)
- Tear newspaper into small pieces to pack a small (1 quart/litre) jar.
Cover with water and let soak over night.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp. white glue
- 1 cup of pulp above with excess water removed
- Fill Blender with water, flour, glue and pulp.
- Blend well
- Cover object with this mixture as necessary
- Allow to dry overnight