|Sour Cream Pancakes (yield 20)
We have tried many different recipes and though the buttermilk were the
best until we tried these. The family things they are the very best
yet. (Recipe can be doubled. Any extra can be frozen individually and
popped in the toaster to warm up.)
- Electric Fry Pan or Griddle (adult supervision required)
- 2 Large mixing bowl
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) sour cream (can use light version)
- 1/3 cup melted butter or oil (plus a bit more for the
- Combined dry ingredients in largest bowl.
- Start to heat frying pan/griddle to med heat.
- In the other bowl, beat eggs.
- Stir milk, sour cream, butter into eggs
- Add to dry ingredients, stir just until mixed.
- Add small amount of butter to frying pan to prevent
sticking (as needed)
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto greased pan or griddle
- Turn pancake with bubbles form on top
- Cook till golden brown.
Variation: add blueberries or other fruit to batter
mixture or just add a few on top after batter is poured onto the pan.