Crafts and Projects
- Clean sand. (beach sand, toy sand box sand or even construction sand will do.
)Note: sift out any unwanted particles, like rocks or pebbles.
- Small plastic bags
- Food Colouring
- Picture frame with glass (Old ones work great.)
- Drawing or Colouring book picture (not too detailed)
- Permanent Marker
- Elmer's white glue
- Divide the sand into small plastic bags, according to how many colors you want in
- Add food coloring to the sand in a bag, one drop at a time until the color is what
- Pour the sand out into a small butter bowls to dry .
- Remove the glass from the picture frame and clean.
- Pick out a favorite picture or drawing.
- Lay the piece of frame glass on the top of the picture.
- Use a black permanent marker to trace the picture onto the glass.
- Have the kids place clear drying glue on the glass where they want the same color.
(One colour at a time) For instance, blue - Fill in all the areas of the picture on glass
that they want to be blue with glue.
- Sprinkle the coloured sand onto the wet glue.
- Tap the glass to settle the sand and to loosen any that is not glued
- Pour off excess sand back into bowl.
- Repeat for next color next color until the picture is all filled in.
- Allow the glue to dry overnight. Place the picture back into the frame with
black marker showing forward. BEAUTIFUL !
After the first one, the kids always want to try to draw the next picture
themselves ,freehand. Let them, and you will have a lifelong treasure hanging on your
Wonderful Children's Church craft or VBS craft.