|Chinese Parade Dragon
Grant's Class was learning about dragons and
decided to make a large dragon for a school parade.
- Use a large rectangular box upside down for the
- 2 Large pieces of foam for the
- Tennis balls for eyes
- Green fabric to hang down on the sides of the
- Red fabric for Tongue
- Tempra paints (Green, Red, White, Black)
- Glue Gun
- Shape foam pieces
- Assemble Head by attaching 2 foam pieces to narrow
side of box and side flap with a Glue Gun. (Kids will need help)
- Attach tennis ball eyes with glue.
- Cover bottom on long sides and back side of box
- Decorate with paint with tempra paints.
- Use a large plain rectangular sheet of fabric
(roughly 4-5 ft wide and as long as you like
- Small (6-10 in) pieces of coloured fabric/scraps
- Long thin (2 ft) strips of coloured material
- Safety Pins for Pining / Or needle/thread for
sowing scales on to larger fabric
- 5 Hula Hoops (depending on length of body) or 4 ft
peices of hose to
- Attach SCALES - small fabric pieces to cover large
- Attach SIDES - Long fabric pieces to side edges
of large plain fabric
- Attach hula-hoops to underside of the large
- Attach rectangular fabric to Head
Have children line up under the dragon holding up
head and using hoops to hold the body .
Head and hoops are pushed up and down to give the
dragon the flowing, life like appearance.
Have fun on parade.